Growing Smaller / Come
Composition: Oikarinen, Ylilauri, Veijalainen
Comments by Matti:
- A haunting song. The text was inspired by Marko’s guitar tracks and his bass riff.
Comments by Oikku & Ville:
- Marko’s original 4-track demo had the the guitar parts and the main bass riff. Matti did a few takes of improvised vocals and there we had the first version of the song. But that was not the end of it…
- Ville created the bass melody in the middle section. Divine inspiration and composing credits again 🙂
- The bass line is doubled note for note all the way through.
- Once upon a time, it was in Bluesmoon, Raahe, we performed a grunge-version of the song live . Playing the original arrangement requires a very silent audience, which is not usually the case in a club environment.